Bank of North Carolina (BNC) is a high performing and customer-focused bank established in 1991. In June 2017, BNC merged with Pinnacle bank to widen its customer reach and enhance its financial products. After the merger, BNC now operates as a subsidiary of Pinnacle Bank.
Before the two banks merged, BNC had 76 branches in Virginia and North and South Carolina. From its inception to 2015, the bank had also acquired three more banks, widening its reach in the named locations.
The two banks’ merger has allowed the former BNC bank customers to access an array of innovative financial products, one of which is internet banking. Online banking offered by BNC through Pinnacle Bank is safe and accessible.
If you’re interested in becoming one of Pinnacle or Bank of North Carolina online banking customers, here’s everything you need to know about the bank’s e-banking platform.
1. Bank of North Carolina Login Online
Enrolling in the Bank of North Carolina digital banking platform will make the constant trips to your nearest Pinnacle Bank branch a thing of the past.
The digital experience provided by the bank’s e-banking platform offers convenience. Even if it’s the last day of your bill payment, you can escape penalties, all thanks to BNC online banking platform. This platform allows you to perform your banking transactions anytime in the comfort of your home.
If you already have an online banking account with BNC and you’re wondering how to access it, you only need to have a reliable internet connection.
2. How to Login Bank of North Carolina
It goes without saying that to log in to your BNC online banking account, you should have an account with the bank. You should also have signed up for online banking such that you already have your e-banking account’s username and password.
The process of logging in to your e-banking account is simple and secure. You don’t have to worry about your account being hacked as Pinnacle Bank uses encryption devices to keep your data safe.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to log in to your BNC online account.
- On your browser’s search results, click on the Pinnacle Bank’s homepage at https://www.pnfp.com/
- On the bank’s homepage, you’ll see the online banking space on your right
- Key in your Access ID and password and click on the login
If you entered the correct ID and password, you’ll be directed to your online banking account
3. Login Bank of North Carolina Using Your Mobile Phone
You can also access the Bank of North Carolina login page via your smartphone.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to log in to the BNC e-banking account using your mobile phone.
- Download the Pinnacle personal banking app on Google Play or Apple App store depending on your device
- Once you open the app, enter your username and passcode and click on the “login”
You’ll be directed to your e-banking account once the login is successful.
4. How to Reset Your Passwords
If you have forgotten your BNC online banking account password, you may need to reset it if you still want to access your account. Resetting your password is also recommended if you feel your account’s security may have been compromised.
To avoid a security breach in your account in the future, avoid sharing your login details with others, and always log in to your account using a secure device.
To reset your password, follow the below steps:
- On the Pinnacle bank homepage, click on forgot password
- On the next page, enter your Access ID, primary email address, and the last four digits of your SSN or tax ID number. Key these details in as prompted and click on submit
- On the next page, you’ll need to come up with a temporary password. When done, click on “continue”.
- Follow the prompts as directed until you successfully reset your passcode
Once you have your new passcode, you can now use it to log in to your account.
5. How to Enroll in Bank of North Carolina
If you have an account with BNC or Pinnacle Bank but haven’t enrolled for online banking yet, you’re missing out big time. But not to worry, as signing up for the bank’s e-banking account is now simple and easy. You can use your smartphone or laptop for the BNC online banking enrolment process.
To enroll for BNC e-banking services, follow the below steps:
- On the bank’s homepage, click on enroll. You’ll have to choose whether you’re enrolling for a personal or a business account.
- On the next page, you’ll need to answer some security questions and to provide some personal details such as your bank’s account number
- Answer the questions and accept the e-banking terms and conditions
- Once you create your new access ID and passcode, the bank will activate your account within two business days
Once the account is activated, you can now login with the new username and password.
5. Bank of North Carolina Online Account
The BNC digital banking account provides convenience when it comes to managing your bank transactions. Whether you’re in the office, at home, or on the go, this account is the best when it comes to tracking your money.
With this account, you can:
- Manage your bank account, which includes checking your balance, transferring funds, and managing your transactions with the help of My Spending online service
- Make payments electronically to individuals and businesses
- Set up email or SMS customized alerts
- View your e-statements up to 24 months of your account history
- Access customer service beyond the Bank of North Carolina hours of operation
- Bank of North Carolina Review
Bank of North Carolina started its operations in 1991, and by 2017 the bank had 76 banking offices where 26 were in South Carolina and nine in Roanoke. BNC also had seven branches in the Charlotte metro area, where it was recognized as the 9th largest bank in the region by bank deposits.
Before BNC merged with Pinnacle Bank, it provided its customers with a full range of banking, trust, investment, insurance, and mortgage services designed for both individuals and businesses.
BNC and Pinnacle Bank Merger
The merger between BNC and Pinnacle Bank occurred in 2007. The merger allowed the combined bank to widen its reach in Charlotte, Greenville, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Raleigh.
In 2017, the merger between the two banks was one of the winners in the Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year (over $1B) category announced during the 16th Annual M&A Advisor Awards.
Pinnacle Bank has continued to embrace most of the BNC values even after the merger. One such value that is obvious in the new combined bank is inclusivity and diversity in the Bank of North Carolina careers. In February this year, the combined bank was ranked #14 on the 100 best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine. This was a move up considering the bank was ranked 27th on the same list in 2019.
The merger also saw the two banks benefit from more resources and better capabilities while ensuring that the BNC’s connection to the local communities is preserved. The union has further allowed the combined bank to offer a broad array of financial products. On top of this list of innovative products is e-banking. The bank’s digital banking platform has allowed the two banks’ customers to enjoy convenience and flexibility in their banking.
In conclusion, if you’re a former customer of BNC and you haven’t enrolled for Pinnacle’s bank e-banking service, it’s about time you did. You’ll enjoy the security, convenience, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness that come with BNC digital banking.
Peter Sinenko - Born in Kiev in Ukraine, previously worked as a supply manager at the Zirka Factory. Peter is now officially retired and is happy to share his experience with the readers of Bank Login Lab.