Merrick Bank is an online-only bank based in Utah. It was established in 1997 as a subsidiary of CardWorks – a financial services firm based in New York. Over the years, this bank has built an unrivaled reputation thanks to thousands of positive customer reviews and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Merrick is not a conventional banking institution; hence it doesn’t offer checking, money market, and savings accounts. Instead, it focuses solely on certificates of deposit (CDs), loans, and credit cards, and targets clients with low credit scores.
Merrick Bank Visa Credit Cards
Merrick Bank provides clients with two credit cards, namely:
- Platinum Visa- the Platinum Visa is made to help rebuild or establish one’s credit. Merrick Bank will review your account regularly and increase your credit line.
- Secured Visa– clients with a secured visa have a minimum deposit of $200. This card is, therefore, similar to most secured cards in the market. With time, you can add your deposit to $3,000, which gives you more purchasing power.
Features of Merrick Bank Credit Cards
- FICO Score- as a Merrick Bank customer, you will get access to your monthly FICO through their exclusive goScore service free of charge.
- Zero liability for fraudulent use- in case another party uses your card to make fraudulent payments, you will not be liable for any payments.
- goMobile app- you can make a successful Merrick Bank credit card login straight from your mobile device. This app allows you to set alerts and receive critical credit card updates and notifications in real-time.
- 24/7 account access- there is no specific time when you can check your credit card account. You can access it any day at any time across multiple devices.
- Automatic credit line review- Merrick Bank checks your credit line regularly and notifies you whenever you are eligible for a credit limit increase.
- Paperless statements- you can enroll for e-billing to thwart your credit card bills from piling up.
- Multiple payment options- you can pay off your card balance online, by check, or on your mobile phone.
- goLearn- Merrick Bank ensures that all clients are educated on how to use credit cards responsibly, and the best ways to manage their money. On the goLearn section of their site, you will find all the educational information you need to become a better financial manager.
How to Get Started With Merrick Bank Credit Cards
To apply for your credit card, visit https://merrickbank.com/, and click the apply button located in the middle of the screen.
On the next page, you will find detailed information about the Platinum and Secured Visa cards to help you choose the right card for you. Once you determine the card you need, hit Apply Now to start the application process.
On the next page, enter your personal information, including first name, last name, email address, address, date of birth, Social Security Number, phone number, and your mother’s maiden name. Next, provide information about your monthly rent or mortgage payment and gross annual income.
Next, agree to their terms and conditions. It is recommended that you take some time to read this section before you check the Agree button.
After reading through the terms and conditions and agreeing to them, it’s time to fund your account. Doing this is simple. All you need to do is enter the routing number of your bank account, the account number, account type, and the amount of money you want to transfer. You can also fund your account using third-party services such as the United States Postal Service, Western Union, and MoneyGram.
How to Login To Merrick Bank
Merrick Bank online login is pretty straightforward and takes a few seconds. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to log in.
- Visit https://www.Merrick.com/ in your desktop or mobile browser
- Click Account Login
- Enter your username and password and hit Log in
As long as you have used the right credentials, the Merrick Bank sign in should be successful.
How to Reset Your Password
Your Merrick Bank login will fail if you enter the wrong password. In this case, you don’t need to freak out. This online bank has made it easy for clients to reset passwords and regain access to their accounts in minutes. To reset your password, follow these steps:
- Go to the bank’s homepage and click the Account Login button
- Click forgot password/username
- Enter your account number and username
A new password will be sent to you through an email address associated with your account.
What Can You Do With A Merrick Online Bank Account?
With an online bank account, you can do the following things:
- Pay bills
- Locate the nearest ATM
- Download e-Statements
- Apply for loans
Merrick Bank Review
Merrick Bank is an FDIC insured financial institution that offers credit cards to people who might have problems getting traditional credit cards from other financial companies or those with poor credits.
This company provides personal loans and financing options for boats, horse trailers, watercraft, and recreational vehicles. It gives recreational loans to people who would be turned back by other banks because of their poor credit scores. For instance, if you have experienced a discharged bankruptcy or you have a credit score as low as 550, you can get a loan from Merrick Bank.
Merrick Bank Pros and Cons
- The bank provides loan products and financing options for people with poor credit
- Ally Bank recently acquired the Merrick bank. Customers can now expect better services and enhanced cybersecurity features
- Solid customer support is available 24/7
- The bank enjoys a solid reputation demonstrated in multiple review sites
- Customers report that Merrick’s website is easy to use and navigate, making banking easy and convenient.
Their mobile apps don’t have great ratings
Merrick Bank credit cards feature charges which aren’t present in traditional cards
Customers have reported that this bank declines credit transactions without tangible reason, even when there are enough credits in their accounts.
Merrick Bank is a market leader in online banking. It offers a wide range of banking services that help customers enjoy better credit, regardless of their poor credit scores. In terms of security, there are no specific safety features listed on Merrickbank.com. However, there is a comprehensive security page that provides users with tips and insights on how to keep their online accounts safe.
Amy Fischer - Born and lives in Israel. Despite the fact that she is still young, she is a very experienced specialist who is well versed in economics and banking. Also in her spare time Amy shares her experience and interesting news with the readers of Bank Login Lab.